Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Vortech GSR. . . 14.9?!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/f...07ht_pressure/

    I knew the Vortech was peaky, in terms of power output (this one is 245hp/161ft-lbs). . . but a 14.9?!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member hypa's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2001
    Posts
    88
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I've been following that car and I've learned that the poor showing has to do with the ToyoFZ4 tires, a slipping clutch, a super hot day, and a pretty crappy driver. It's too bad, because the book time is what a lot of people guage the performance of the Vortech kit on, and it's really a good kit.

    I subscribe to a great many car mags and honda tuning is one of them.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 20, 2003 08:05 PM: Message edited by: hypa ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Since the Vortech kit makes the most power at near peak rpms, I would think that poor tires would have a minimal effect on the launch (kinda like launching a near stock gsr). I just don't see the correlation between the lower power levels of the Vortech kit during launch conditions and excess wheelspin. I guess you'd REALLY have to flub the launch. . that and maybe hit a rev-limiter or two. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member speedy108's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2002
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the Vortech kit is crap for a GSR. No aftercooler like the SI kit, and it's still SLOW!.
    Not to impressed with the Vortech kit for the SI either. It took one of the ClubSI guys 350WHP to make it to mid 12's, and he had to have a lot of custom parts made for it and is also running 18-19psi. I have personally rode in a Vortech SI that was running a claimed 13psi(I saw 9-10psi on the boost gauge), and it felt like a LIGHTLY moded SI. And besides look at the price tag on them and then make your decision.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Max Psi GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 1999
    Posts
    860
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it needs a HONDATA. Then it'd run like 11's or something! [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member falconGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ahhh Vortech....

    the worst of turbo and supercharging in one convenient package! and costs more than either a turbo or a JRSC!

    I didn't coin that saying, but its accurate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •